- UBS Arena intends on being carbon neutral for operations by 2024 or sooner.
- By doing so, UBS Arena will be the first arena to do this on the eastern seaboard.
- UBS Arena encourages the use of mass transit and carpooling.
- The arena will have a rideshare drop-off/pick up area, an MTA bus stop, and multiple LIRR stations available to access the campus.
- The arena campus shuttles on site from the parking lots will soon be electric.
- The arena is on track to be LEED Certified.
- UBS Arena has a LEED-certified green integrated pest management plan & green cleaning policy.
- The arena uses occupancy sensor technology to ensure that lights within the building are off when unused.
- The arena is lit 100% by LED lighting.
- Appliances within the building are Energy Star Efficient.
- The arena uses electric Olympia ice resurfacers.
- UBS Arena reduces water consumption by 40% as standard to other buildings of its size for typical use by using low flow plumbing.